It is been 6 years since the romantic blockbuster, Raja Rani hit the theaters. The movie received positive reviews and was a treat for the fans and the audience. So let’s check out the fun facts of the film.
- Raja Rani is Atlee’s first film as director and his work has been applauded. It is also Nayanthara’s comeback film. It was her first full-fledged role in Tamil after the 2010 superhit Boss Engira Baskaran.
- Sivakarthikeyan was supposed to playing the lead but the script was changed to include Arya, Jai, and Santhanam. Priya Anand was supposed to play Nazriya’s role in the film.
- The movie gave us epic comedy dialogue which is still in trend. The scenes were very emotional and many could connect themselves to the movie.
- The movie was dubbed in Telugu and remade in Bengali as Shudhu Tomari Shonyo and in Odiya as Tu Je Sei.
- Nayanthara won the Best Actress Filmfare Award while Sathyaraj won the award for Best Supporting Actor. It won the most popular film award at the Norway film festival.
- The film is similar in theme to Mani Ratnam’s Mouna Ragam and 2007 Kannada film Milana starring Puneeth Rajkumar, Parvathy, and Pooja Gandhi.
- The daughter dad relationship was the best and both Nayanthara and Sathyaraj played it really well. The daughters fantasized of having a daddy cool like Sathyaraj.
- Even as the film celebrates 6 years Nayanthara and Atlee are teaming up for the second time in Thalapathy’s Bigil.