When the mercury levels are rising, it’s time to play with some fun silhouettes and bright colours. Ace the summers with strappy, breezy, effortless cotton dresses and have your Marilyn Monroe moment. Revel in comfortable casual clothing while looking chic. RITZ Magazine speaks to fashion designers on what’s trending this summer and how you can make heads turn with psychedelic prints or solids on off-shouldered, zig-zag or slip dresses that make people go – “OMG, where’d you get that?” all the time. Here’s a lowdown on how can you look and feel perfect in the sun-basking days of summer ahead.
Designer Laxmi Krishna of Laxmi Krishna Label lists a few summer trends you can follow…
1. Tie & Dye is now the coolest summer trend and can be worn by all ages.
2. Sunshine Shades – Yes, we know it’s summer, but there’s no harm in wearing bright hues like some rusty reds.
3. Shorts – Cycling shorts or board shorts are always a favourite as the weather heats up.
4. Ruched Dresses – Another dress style trending this season is ruching, which is essentially gathering of fabric – a romantic take on body-con. Look for balanced ruched detailing with pleating in summer dresses to create a statement.
5. Ruffles – Ruffled sarees this season have taken most of the limelight with dramatic flourishes and fantastical feathers. Think ruffle gowns, skirts, dresses, sleeves and ruffle pants.
6. Patchwork – Patchwork is no longer just a craft that your grandma used to do. It’s also one of fashion’s latest trends and looks great on dresses, jumpsuits and pants to create a look that sews together contrasting pieces of fabric to achieve an eclectic design.