- 1 medium size cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 can organic full fat coconut cream
- 3 TBS grass fed butter
- 2 TBS water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 – 8 red skinned potatoes or use a combination of sweet and white ones peeled and sliced
- 1 cup grated grass fed organic cheese
- Pre heat oven to 180c
- Make white sauce first, while cauliflower is cooking peel and slice potatoes.
- Pulse cauliflower into rice size grains and cook until tender around 20 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients until butter has melted.
- Put in food processor or use a stick blender and blend until smooth.
- Layer potatoes in a casserole dish (I used a 20cm square one)
- Pour sauce over potaotes
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of dish
- Cook at 180c for 45 mins covered with alfoil (make sure it doesn’t touch cheese)
- Remove alfoil after 45 mins a nd cook for a further 10 to 15 mins to brown the top.
- Thermomix Instructions
- Put cauliflower florets into thermomix and put on reverse and speed 5 for 4 to 5 seconds until cauliflower is rice size.
- Cook cauliflower @100c , reverse and speed soft (mixing spoon symbol) for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook @90c on speed 4 for 4 minutes. (when you squeeze lemon leave MC in place and squeeze juice directly onto lid MC will catch any seeds.)
- Turn dial on thermomix from 1 to 9 slowly while holding lid with handle of spatula for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Same instructions for rest of recipe above (you might like to grate cheese in thermomix before you make sauce to go on top of dish)