- 2 brunches of mung bean vermicelli
- 1 cup minced beef or pork
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Doubanjiang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon shallot white (white part and green part minced separately)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- Marinade the minced beef or pork with pinch of salt. Soak Chinese vermicelli in warm water until soft around 10 minutes Move out and drain.
- Heat up oil in wok and stir fry the ground pork until aroma. Transfer out.
- Add doubanjiang, minced garlic, sliced ginger and chopped shallot in wok and stir-fry over medium fire until the oil becomes red and you can smell the aroma. Return pork and add soy sauce. Mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of clean water and bring everything to boil. Add soaked vermicelli in, add sugar. Give a big stir fry to mix everything well. (There is no need to cook off all the liquid as the vermicelli continues to adsorb liquid after transferring out)
- Sprinkle chopped green onions and serve hot.