The festival of sweets and lights is here. It is time to indulge in some intense festive mood this season. Here are some delicious Diwali recipes you can try making during this festival of lights.
Kaju Katli from Rasovara
1 cup cashews
½ cup sugar
¼ cup water
½ tsp elaichi powder
1 tsp ghee
1. Grind the cashew until its fine powder. Sieve the mixture.
2. In a pan Add water and sugar. Stir the syrup till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the cashew powder, cardamom powder and continue mixing till the dough leaves the pan.
4. Add ghee and continue mixing till dough is formed.
5. Grease the back side of the Thali with ghee and transfer the mixture to the greased surface.
6. Roll out the mixture into a thick round using the rolling pin.
7. Cut the dough into diamond shape.
8. Kaju Katli is ready to serve.
Goond ke ladoo
3 tbsp edible gum (goond)
4.5 tbsp ghee
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
ghee for deep-frying
1. Heat 3½ tbsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and roast it over a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
2. Heat the ghee for deep-frying in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the goond till the pieces puffs up. Drain and keep aside.
3. Combine the powdered sugar, fried goond, cardamom powder, remaining 1 tbsp of ghee and roasted whole wheat flour in a deep bowl and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into small equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball. Serve and store in a container.
Quaker Oats Burfi by Experts from Quaker India
50g Quaker Oats* (roasted and powdered)
15g Khoa (grated and mashed)
15g Almonds (powdered)
1 Cardamom (powdered)
Boil sugar and water to make syrup
Heat ghee in a pan and roast Quaker Oats* powder till it gives aroma
Add khoa in the pan and cook for few minutes on slow ﬁre with continuous stirring
Add sugar syrup
Cook it again with continuous stirring on slow ﬁre till the mixture leaves the side of the pan
Remove from the ﬁre and add almond powder and cardamom powder
Spread on a greased thali and allow it to cool
Cut into burﬁ and serve
*For powdered Quaker Oats, roast Quaker Oats for 2-3 mins. Cool and grind in a mixer.