- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 4 sausage links, sliced into 1/2-in slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, minced cilantro, ect for topping, optional
- In a 3-qt crockpot, combine all ingredients through chicken broth. Cook chili on low 4-5 hours, or on high 2-3 hours. Season chili with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chili warm in serving bowls with desired toppings on top.