- 16 oz spaghetti, reserve 1 cup pasta water
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsps Cajun seasoning (or if you don’t have any see note for substitute spice mixture)
- 7 slices bacon, cut to 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz andouilli (keilbasa or smoked sausage will work too)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together eggs, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, salt and Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Brown bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Remove bacon from pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tbs of the bacon grease from the pan. Increase heat to medium high and add onions, peppers and sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften and sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine or chicken broth and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the Parmesan cheese mixture to the hot pasta and toss constantly until cheese melts (about 2 minutes), adding reserved pasta water as necessary if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Add sausage mixture and bacon and toss until evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately.