With Brexit, travel to London has become cheaper. The pound has crashed and this means more to spend on a stay in the beautiful city. The INR-pound exchange rate today stands at Rs.90 for every pound, against the nearly Rs100 per pound only a week ago.
“There couldn’t be a better time to take that dream trip to the UK than now. We have also seen an immediate impact on a few flight routes between India and UK with about 5-6% drop in the fares,” said Mr. Aloke Bajpai, CEO and Co-founder of ixigo.com.
But it’s still a pretty expensive city, isn’t it? Well, here’s what you can do in the British capital without having to shell out a pound, cause there certainly is lots to do for free:
- Relax on Wimbledon Common, where you shall find ponds, windmills and nature trails.
- Have a cool picnic and a day out at Hyde Park or Richmond Park or St.James Park. Check out the birds, owls and bats.
- Get a taste of art and history at some of London’s free museums such as Victoria and Albert Museum, William Morris gallery, Museum of London, etc.
- Enjoy street performances in Covent Garden.
- Soak in the mesmerising views of river Thames and central London from Greenwich Park.