- 6 oz black olives, cured in water and salt not flavored
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, cured in oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more if needed
- 4 slices prosciutto, julienne
- splash of white wine
- 12 oz pappardelle
- ¾ cup tapenade
- ½ cup julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- basil, chiffonade
- fresh grated parmesan
- In a food processor combine all the tapenade ingredients. Process until creamy and smooth, if needed add more olive oil a tablespoon at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta reserving ¼ cup of pasta water. Rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking processes. Lightly toss in olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and slowly cook until crispy, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add a splash of white wine to the hot skillet scraping up any brown bits left from the prosciutto. Add pasta, tapenade, crispy prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta water. Toss until the pasta is well coated and warmed through. Serve hot garnished with basil and parmesan.
- Top with fried or poached egg if desired.