- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 12 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated thin pizza crust
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, brown hot Italian sausage with olive oil and break down into small crumbles. Deglaze the pan with wine and simmer until liquid evaporates. Remove from pan, drain on paper towel, and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into six equal portions. Flatten and stretch with hand into a rectangle.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the same skillet. Fry the dough for one minute on each side or until golden crispy and brown. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto on each fried flatbread. Top with browned, crumbled sausage, shredded cheeses and chopped parsley. If cheese doesn’t melt on it’s own feel free to pop under the broiler for a minute.