This holiday season let’s look into skincare and what make up looks are trending during the festivities!
Although we live in a pretty humid climate and we don’t really experience extreme winters here in the south, it does tend to get mildly cooler. We need to keep in mind that our skin also gets dehydrated and it is important to moisturizing our skin. Even if your skin is oily it needs to be hydrated by using the right moisturizers that suit your skin condition. For oily skin type there are moisturizers that are gel based or water based that will moisturize the skin. We would normally think since our skin is oily we don’t have to moisturize but that’s not true. The reason it produces oil is because the skin is dry. We need to keep that under control. It is also advisable to use Vitamin C serum and the right Sunscreen but please check with your dermatologist as they know best.
Moisturizers For Oily Skin
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Effaclar MAT – La Roche -Posay
- Kate Somerville
- Cetaphil Pro Oil Absorbing
- Tatcha Water Cream
Moisturisers For Dry Skin
- Avene XeraCalm
- Drunk Elephant Whipped Cream
- Clinique Moisture Surge
Apart from the regular skin care the holidays bring in a lot of sweets and yummy food that we obviously can’t avoid which in turn show up as acne on the face or body. To avoid that its best to wash your face properly every night even if that means double cleansing–Do it!! Also a Tip for naturally reducing acne pigmentation – Pineapple juice… Soak in a cotton piece into freshly squeezed pineapple juice and apply it over the marks on the face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off. Not advisable for sensitive skin. Do this for a week and watch how the marks fade. YOUR WELCOME.
Make Up Trends For This Season
- A dull pastel/brown smokey eyes with defined eyeliner and a wine red lip or cranberry lip
- A gold shimmer smokey eye with pinkish nude lip
- A shimmery eye with shimmer in the inner corners and liner with a deep red lip with overall face glow
- Also a shimmery liner is very in this holiday season
- A big tread that’s doing the rounds is a reverse cut crease (Scott Barnes does a video on his Insta).