Inkfected Tattoo Studio throws light on the pros and cons of tattooing
Though Tattooing is an art form that has been around for centuries now, it had its fair share of myths and fears associated with it that made it a ‘taboo’ in many parts of the world. But in the last decade, it has gained a lot of popularity in India and has slowly crept into Kochi, with tattoo artists and studios flourishing like never before! Ritz catches up with popular tattoo artists across Kochi, who tell us the pros and cons of tattooing and busts some of the myths associated with the art form.
Text: Riya Sonny Datson
Sujeesh was working in the IT field when he noticed the rising fad of tattoo especially among cricketers and film stars. He instantly felt drawn to this art form. A self-learner, he started his tattoo career 6 years ago as a part time tattoo artist and as things started looking up, he began his own studio called Inkfected Tattoo at Alinchuvadu, Kochi. Sujeesh has always had a liking for art and drawing and he says it is important to have a flair for art to maintain the quality of design. Inkfected Tattoo studio does only permanent tattoos and uses imported organic ink to ensure quality.
Things to keep in mind:
- Avoid taking Alcohol 24 hours before getting the tattoo done
- The most important point to keep in mind after getting inked is to keep the tattoo clean and dust free as you have to let it heal completely.
- Avoid excessive workout until healing is complete to avoid profuse sweating
- Avoid swimming as the water in the pool may cause infection
- Avoid direct sun exposure as it may fade the tattoo.
- Never try to scratch or peel off the skin where the tattoo is done
Post getting inked, Sujeesh recommends Ayurvedic antibacterial cream for healing. Other branded tattoo creams are also available at his studio. “Each person responds differently to a tattoo. For that matter, depending on your health, even if you already have a tattoo, after a year if you decide to get another tattoo done, there is no guarantee that your body will react in the same way. As a precaution, I usually advice my clients to avoid seafood until the tattoo heals completely.”
- Portrait tattoo : Portrait of a loved one
- Couple Tatoo : The couple get a tattoo done together using their names, initials or in a meaningful design
- Characters from Mythology but the trend is moving away from the traditional styles to more realistic designs
Cost: INR 500/ Sq Inch
Instagram id: sujeesh_p_s