Gas leak from AC kills family


A family of three died in their sleep as a suspected gas leak from the AC in their house occurred. Based on investigation, the police said that the victims had gone to bed after switching on the Air Conditioner.

The Police believe that the accident could have been caused by a snag in the AC leading to a gas leak. As power had gone off, the family had used the genset to run the AC. The three of them could have died due to asphyxiation caused by carbon monoxide. The bodies have been sent for post mortem to the government Kilpauk Medical College Hospital. The Koyambedu police have registered a case and are carrying out an investigation.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here