- 250 gms – 9 oz. mushrooms, sliced (I use 170 gms – 6 oz. of button mushrooms and 80 gms – 3 oz. of frozen porcini mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 gms – 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 500 ml – 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 250 ml – 1 cup cream
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
- ½ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (optional)
- Gently fry off the chopped onion and garlic in the butter. When they are soft, add the sliced mushrooms and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of flour in the cream and add the cream to the soup. Mix until incorporated.