- 4 (12-inch flour tortillas)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1/2lb chorizo sausage
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 3 roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 small white onion (finely chopped)
- handful of cilantro (finely chopped)
- In a small bowl combine tomato, jalapeno pepper, white onion and cilantro. Season with salt and mix well.
- In a medium pan cook the chorizo while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook a flour tortilla for 20 seconds, flip. Cover half the tortilla surface with shredded cheese and bits of chorizo sausage and green onions. Fold the tortilla in half and press down gently with a spatula and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and cut the quesadilla into 3 wedges and top with salsa.