2 chicken breasts
4-6 slices of streaky bacon
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
1 Tbsp cream cheese
1 small handful grated cheese
salt and pepper to season
1 clove garlic
1 sweet potato, washed and sliced into chunky fingers. I always keep the skin on.
3 medium carrots, cut lengthways
2 stalks celery, sliced into sticks.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Mix pesto, cheeses, garlic, salt and pepper together to form a cheesy paste.
2. Take the chicken breast and place onto chopping board. Place one hand flat onto of the chicken to hold secure, with the other hand take a sharp, not serrated knife. Going from the fattest end of the chicken, cut a pocket inside the breasts. Be careful not to cut right though to the other side, or out the bottom. Repeat this process with the second piece of chicken.
3. Stuff the pesto/cheese mixture into the pocket in the chicken.
4. Lay the bacon slices out flat. 2-3 pieces per chicken. Roll the chicken in the bacon to wrap it.
5. Place the vegetables into a lined tray and sprinkle with the olive oil.
Turn oven onto 190*C
6. Heat a pan and sear the chicken to lightly brown both sides then remove from heat.
7. Place chicken on top of the vegetables and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven and serve.