Woman dies in cake eating contest

An Australian woman who took part in a cake eating contest to mark Australia Day celebrations lost her life. The 60 year old woman had a seizure after she shoveled a lamington into her mouth. Lamington is a cube shaped sponge cake dipped in chocolate and covered with grated coconut.

She was rushed to the hospital in the coastal town of Hervey Bay but died without responding to the treatment. The staff of the Beach House hotel offered their deepest condolences to the family and friends of the woman for this tragic accident. They have also offered support to the family during this trying time.