The mountains and beaches of Mauritius are just a flight away from IT city Bangalore. A 6N/7D holiday can be planned in under Rs 55,000 per head. Here’s how you can go about planning it:
- Fly on a Tuesday from Bangalore on Air Mauritius (direct flight, Rs 35K for a return ticket).
- Book accommodation in one of the multiple boutique budget hotels for under Rs4500 twin-sharing. Hotels like Casa Florida, Sous Le Badamier, Villa Narmada provide decent budget accommodation.
- Mauritius is famous for street food such as dal wada, dhal puri, faratha, pakodas, fruits and sugarcane juice. Spend a fraction by trading expensive dining options for food stalls that line the capital Port Louis and other places.
- Bargain hard for good deals while hiring a ferry to take you to islands such as Ile aux Cerfs.
- Indulge in the multiple free things one can do on a foreign holiday such as basking in the sunshine on the beaches, swimming, walking through the sugarcane farms that the island is famous for, exploring the food and culture by eating at food stalls and interacting with the locals.
- Hire a self-drive car for a day or two and drive around. Indian driving licence is valid in the whole of the island.