A holiday doesn’t mean taking along 4 suitcases filled with clothes, 3 handbags, and 2 backpacks. Packing light is the easiest way of traveling across places in a hassle-free manner. Here’s how you can limit your accessories and clothes to just one suitcase + one handbag:
- Remember it’s a holiday. Not a cocktail party for which you need to carry your best designer gowns, cans of makeup and stilettoes. So just 1 extra pair of footwear would do. And a no makeup look would be apt whether you’re going by the beach or the mountains.
- If it’s a beach bet, then carry your shortest possible clothes that would occupy least amount of space. Avoid heavy jeans and jackets. Make do with a pair or two of shorts and a few tops, a good hat and sun-glasses. And a good piece of swimwear.
- For a holiday to the colder climes, one or two pair of jeans with a few tops is more than enough. Carry sweaters and jackets, but not too many.
- Avoid things like a hair-dryer, big bottles of perfumes, heavy shoes (unless you’re trekking), jewelry and other add-ons.
- Skip carrying towels since most hotels provide the same.
- You’re on a holiday, so you don’t necessarily have to look good. You could look unkempt, and more natural!