There has been a change in the consumption of Luxury in India, how Luxury Travel has gone beyond merely exploring new places or business class tickets or seven course meals; rather travel has evolved to be more about creating and living through experiences – this is exactly what The Q Experiences is doing in the Indian luxury travel market. In fact, a recent study shows that as many as 44 per cent travelers from India would increase their travel budget in 2017.
Starting on December 9, 2017, this is an 11 day trip curated by The Q Experiences, carrying 200 travelers only, to the exotic ice crowned continent- Antarctica also rightly known as The White Continent. Starting off from Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, the trip promises to create an experience of a lifetime and will take travelers across Drake Passage into the Land of Ice.
Commenting on Luxury Travel, Vasim Shaikh, Founder of The Q Experiences said, “Over the past few years, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of travelers, specially from cities like Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mysore who are looking to experience unexplored destinations and go on adventurous vacations. Curated Journeys are constant endeavor at The Q and we are proud to be the first Indian travel company to charter a luxury cruise to Antarctica. With the launch of ‘The White Continent’, we hope to see a positive response from travelers from these cities that will be a part of our historical trip to Antarctica.” The travelers would be on board “The Great Majestic Explorer” – a sleek, gorgeous yacht flying the Flag of India, 460 feet of utter luxury, which would have 132 elegant staterooms and suites, complete with French interiors designed by the French interior designer – Jean Philippe Nuel.
To ensure a superior gastronomic experience to the travellers, Atul Kochhar Indian Michelin-starred chef will be on board curating the finest of Indian regional cuisine. In addition, the team of a catering centre of excellence run by Alain Ducasse Enterprise will also be on board to enhance the global cuisine. Buffets each day will be of a different theme. The travelers will be cruising through some of the most breathtaking glaciers of Neko Bay, Paradise bay, anchoring at Port Lockroy, finally sailing to the largest colony of Chinstrap Penguins at Deception Island and visit the quietest place on earth- the majestic Weddell Sea , and at every step of the way, there would be experts to guide the travelers and show the sights one had only dreamt of. Watch the mysterious stories unfold at thewhitecontinent.com
Five Unknown facts about Antarctica:
- Its freezing cold in Antarctica the year round, the coldest temperature ever recorded on the Antarctic was minus 89 degrees Celsius!
- Nobody lives in Antarctica. In January 1979, Emile Marco Palma became the first human to be born on Antarctica. Since then, only ten other people have been born on the continent.
- Antarctica is only accessible by small sailing boats or motor vessel; no more than 100 people can land on the Antarctic Peninsula at any given point of time.
- There are no time zones in Antarctica, hence it’s always zero o’ clock in Antarctica.
- During the summer months, experience 24 hours of daylight. In December, when the ship starts to sail, it will be summer in Antarctica