Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India announced the launch of Jeep Compass in Kochi
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India announced the opening of pre-bookings for its Made In india Jeep Compass in Cochin. The initial sale of the Jeep Compass in Kerala was held at the Jeep’s showroom in Kochi, in the presence of Mr. Franklin, RTO, Mr. Abdul Rasheed MD, Mr. Anil Kumar, Head, FCA. The Jeep Compass, manufactured locally at FCA’s state of the art joint-venture facility in Ranjangaon, near Pune, will be available in three trims- Sport, Longitude and the Limited (top-end).
Announcing the opening of bookings, Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India said, “To harness the great demand for the Jeep Compass, we have executed a customer outreach across 21 cities and 26 shopping malls across India. We are already receiving overwhelming response to our new SUV. We have pulled out all stops to deliver the highest quality standard on the Jeep Compass and we are here to set a benchmark in the Indian SUV space. Customers will experience first-hand experience on the level of sophistication in the vehicle. Those interested can book our Made in India Jeep SUV online or at any of our FCA and Jeep Dealer network across India.”
Some key features:
- Leading the way in functional and premium design the Jeep® Compass delivers a perfect driving experience. plush leather interiors
- The Active Drive engages when traction is needed to deliver the signature Jeep® capability. The Active Drive system is configured to maximise fuel economy.
- The infotainment on offer includes the signature Uconnect® system on a 7.0 Touchscreen. This gives you control over work and play with the ability to mirror your phone onto the system with *Android Auto and Apple Car play.
- The Electronic Parking Brake adapts based on the driver’s actions. The automatic drive away release system senses if the vehicle is safe to launch and disengages. It also engages automatically when it senses open doors and unbuckled seatbelts while the driver exits the vehicle without engaging the parking brake.
- The Jeep® Compass comes with a 7-speed Dual Dry Clutch Transmission. This lends split second gear changes which ensure a smooth drive at all speeds while keeping the vehicle fuel efficient.
- When it comes to the engine you can choose between the 2.0 Multijet II diesel engine that drives a force of 173 ps, putting out a torque of 350Nm. Or the 1.4 Multiair Petrol engine that belts out 162 ps with a torque measure250Nm.
- In addition to a strong body structure the vehicle is equipped with advanced chassis controls including Four-channel Anti-lock Brakes, full function Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Panic Brake Assist, Hydraulic Boost Failure Compensation and Electronic Roll Mitigation. These features enable you to pre-empt any untoward driving situation and minimise damage.
- Utmost comfort to make your friends and family feel at home. This feature provides for a perfect driving atmosphere. Temperatures can be set separately for the driver as well as the passenger side. Making every drive a comfortable one.