- ½ pound ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or bison)
- 1.5 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, finely diced
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup northern white beans
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1.5 cups enchilada sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Brand)
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, preheat oven to high broil. Then, brown ½ pound of ground meat in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Next, heat 1.5 tablespoons of EVOO in the same cast iron skillet. Add in minced garlic, sweet potato, and red onion and sauté for 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost cooked all the way through.
- Add black beans, white beans, sweet corn, and enchilada sauce and bring to a slight boil. Take off heat and sprinkle on cheese.
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven for 1 minute in order to melt the cheese. Remove and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.