Up your fashion game while you sizzle in these summer style essentials
BY NAMITA GUPTA
When the mercury levels are rising, it’s time to play with some fun silhouettes and bright colours. Ace the summers with strappy, breezy, effortless cotton dresses and have your Marilyn Monroe moment. Revel in comfortable casual clothing while looking chic. RITZ Magazine speaks to fashion designers on what’s trending this summer and how you can make heads turn with psychedelic prints or solids on off-shouldered, zig-zag or slip dresses that make people go – “OMG, where’d you get that?” all the time. Here’s a lowdown on how can you look and feel perfect in the sun-basking days of summer ahead.
Few of the trends and silhouettes to follow this summer 2019 according to designer Reshma Kunhi are…
- Fringes, ruffles and feathers have been here for a while and will continue to stay all along 2019. You can wear fringe crop top with skirt or pants, or a ruffle neckline top or incorporate this trend on Indian ethnic wear like ruffled lehengas, ruffle dupatta, ruffle saree, or a ruffle sleeve blouse.
- Polka dot and checks are also trending this summer. This 60s trend is a big hit in summer, as it looks great on a short dress, or swimwear and even as tank top or you can wear it on a gown or a saree blouse.
- Colour blocking – One more trend to look for this summer is colour blocking. Colour blocking is pairing opposite two bright colours, like orange and blue, neon green and pink, fuchsia pink and red etc. This trend has always been a favourite in summer and you can spot celebrities sporting this trend in summer. If you’re not bold enough to carry this trend, then try wearing it as neutrals in shades of black and white or beige and white.
- Neons be it in green, pink or orange are a favourite on the runway for SS 2019. You can wear a neon t-shirt with blue denim or white shorts, or a neon dress, or gown. If you feel neon is too bright, then use it as just a small detailing on your outfit.
- Tie and dye trend is here to stay this summer. You can see a lot of tie and dye on the SS19 runways too. Sport this trend by wearing a tie n dye short dress, skirt, long gown, or even a tie n dye tank top.
- Draped outfits are also a trend to watch out for this summer. Draped skirt, draped gown or a draped saree all looks great.
- Sleeves Puff or ruffle – Pay special attention to the sleeves this summer on any of your outfit be it western or Indian. Puff and ruffle sleeves are here to stay. Fluffy ruffles and frills on dresses and skirts, it’s all about layering your outfit with lots of ruffles or frills this summer.
- Spring Summer is all about bright vibrant colours. The colours to incorporate in your outfit are living coral, jester red, olives, mango yellow, orange, aqua blue, royal blue, turmeric yellow and hues of lemon.