Up your fashion game while you sizzle in these summer style essentials
BY NAMITA GUPTA
When the mercury levels are rising, it’s time to play with some fun silhouettes and bright colours. Ace the summers with strappy, breezy, effortless cotton dresses and have your Marilyn Monroe moment. Revel in comfortable casual clothing while looking chic. RITZ Magazine speaks to fashion designers on what’s trending this summer and how you can make heads turn with psychedelic prints or solids on off-shouldered, zig-zag or slip dresses that make people go – “OMG, where’d you get that?” all the time. Here’s a lowdown on how can you look and feel perfect in the sun-basking days of summer ahead.
RAREISM, a fashion brand by Akshika Poddar from The House of Rare (Rare Rabbit for men), now celebrates the rare in every woman, be it the traveller, the homemaker, the multi-tasker and the exceptional dresser. Akshika who personally controls the design, fabric (special emphasis is given to the fabrics that are soft, breathable and best quality cottons for the summer) and is a taskmaster at quality control, shares, “Rareism is an ideology signifying individuality. Our motto—Believe, Inspire, Conquer is an ode to the journey of each woman. The brand is synonymous with what is rare and edgy in every woman. Her passion, power and personality are reflecting through Rareism designs that are versatile, comfortable, stylish, and within one’s reach. If you have a Rareism garment, you’ll always be appropriately dressed wherever you go. Our Spring Summer 2019 collection titled Summer Tones boasts of breezy cottons, blithe linens and spirited blends that are cut and tailored masterfully into sleek silhouettes by a dynamic team of designers, technical experts and skilled seamstresses. The flowing skirts, comfortable boot-cut pants, stylish-buttoned shirts, tops and colourful scarves are designed to create the fluidity of movement for the ladies. I believe in offering comfortable, easy-going, confident and affordable dressing that signifies individuality. Believe, Inspire, Conquer is our motto and we revel in the uniqueness of each lady. We go beyond colours, styles, trends and standard sizes for regular body types (from small to double XL but with their own size like 3 for M and 4 for L, instead of the usual US, UK or Indian sizes that you see elsewhere) and stand behind every woman, quietly watching her sculpt her destiny as we design her wardrobe, so she can say with pride, ‘Yes, I am Rare’.” Rareism that has a store at VR Bengaluru, also sells online on www.thehouseofrare.com, shares six trends that’s also on their collection for spring-summer 2019…
- BREEZY DRESSES- Get easy-breezy in cool cotton dresses to casual long maxis and stay chic.
- PINK, And A Lot Of It – This romantic hue is making quite a splash. Dresses and tops in pinks to more subtle tones of the sweet shade is trending this season.
- PLAYSUITS AND JUMPSUITS – Whether a jumpsuit for a party or culotte for the heatwave, the playsuit is the must-have outfit right now.
- WHITES, The Summer Staple – It’s time for the LBD to make way for its airy sister, the little white dress. Whether you survive your commute in an easy shirtdress, go beachy in a coverup, you can wear one for almost any occasion. Stay cool while looking hot with Rareism’s edit of the best white sundresses for summer.
- ASYMMETRIC CUTS – Asymmetrical dresses with a slanted hemline or neckline add a touch of quirkiness on tops, skirts, shorts and dresses and versatility.
- COLOUR BLOCK like a boss this summer – With so many shades tempting us, why settle only for a monochromatic look. Try colour blocking with some fun hues that stand out.