Whether you wish to remodel your house or shift into a smaller house for your own reasons, you can make a space feel comfortable simply with some changes made with smart design ideas. A compact room needs a clever approach towards it in order to maximise its potential in the terms of style and practicality. You have to have furniture specifically designed for tiny interiors. You will find solutions available suiting your ranges and budgets, but the necessity calls for flexibility which should be chosen carefully. Nowadays, the number of companies considering products for small house are increasing in number as people are downsizing for the benefits of their own and the planet.
Here are eight smart design ideas for small homes:
- Clever kitchen wall divider: You can put in open storage shelves halfway through the kitchen to smartly separate it from the area for dining. It helps in keeping the space airy and open along with serving as the perfect storage area for display of items and glassware.
- Wall mounted bookshelves: Wall mounted bookshelves are a great way to use the space on the walls without consuming any of the available space in the room. It is stylish, useful and goes well with the theme of your house.
- Keep the space light: Small spaces call for ideas which can help it avoid the feeling of being cramped. To make the space seem larger, avoid the use of dark hues. Use light colours complementing the furniture in the room. Try to keep plenty leg space for the airy feeling you are going for.
- Nook utilization: If there happens to be extra space left out between closets or any other nook, do not let go unused. Add a desk or shelves for storage or a small home office feeling. You can get yourself an efficient workstation without utilizing any extra space.
- Multipurpose living room: Adding a TV furniture unit can be quite stressful for a small space. But what if it gives you extra storage space? You can infuse your own ideas for a multipurpose living room by adding on concealed furniture to make it more efficient.
- Space under the stairs: You can enhance the space under the stairs to benefit from the extra space by adding shelving units. You can always do something that suits your tastes in this regard.
- Window treatments: Adding high ceiling and large window treatments can make a room seem more spacious easily. The attention gets drawn to the walls and windows which give a large feel.
- Add a tall mirror: Adding mirrors and neutral draperies to a room is an easy and useful trick to expand a given space visually. It adds more dimension and gives a spacious feeling.
Small homes and space require you to get creative with the rooms in the house. They can be comfortable, cosy or cluttered, confining, depending on how you design the space available to you. Its lack is not a very undefeatable barrier for you to achieve the home of your dreams. Seize it as the opportunity to devise smart design ideas and be creative.
Available on: www.urbanladder.com