Sidharth’s act of balancing at 192 meters above the city!
When Sidharth told his friends he is going to New Zealand; the first thing that they told him was to ensure he does as many adventure activities as possible. This is when the young Student of the Year actor decided that he will begin his trip with a bang by walking around the perimeter of Auckland’s tallest building, the Sky Tower at a height of 192 meters!
As soon as he had his safety gear in place, Sidharth stepped on the narrow path-way only to realise that this is the best way to kick-start his New Zealand adventure. He had a bird eye’s view of Auckland, its hills, the harbour and the islands beyond. On completing his first ever adventure activity in New Zealand, he said, “Walking around the Sky Tower, which is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere, was absolutely fantastic. I couldn’t have asked for a better kick-start for my trip, literally felt like living life on the edge. I definitely recommend my brother Akshay (Kumar) to do this.”
About the activity:
• The Skywalk takes place 192metres above Auckland City whereby visitors walk the circumference of Auckland’s famous Sky Tower.
• The Sky Tower stands at 328 metres tall in the heart of Auckland’s central city.
• The Sky Tower is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere.
• The Skywalk offers spectacular 360° panoramic views of Auckland, its hills, the harbour and the islands beyond. If you look down, you have a perfect bird’s eye view of the city far below.
• Auckland City is a short 25 minute drive from the Auckland International Airport.
Tourism New Zealand markets New Zealand to the world as a visitor destination. In the year ending August 2015, 3.017 million international visitors came to New Zealand. International tourism is one of New Zealand’s largest earners of foreign exchange, adding around NZD 9.8 billion. www.tourismnewzealand.com.
Visa procedure: One may forward their application to the TT office in Mumbai or Delhi, which will then be directed to the High Commission. A visitor visa for New Zealand is processed within 15 working days. www.immigration.govt.nz
Airline connections: Connecting flights to New Zealand are available on Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific and Malaysia Airlines with stop-overs in their respective hubs. New Zealand’s international gateways are Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown.
Domestic services: You can fly between all New Zealand cities and most major towns using domestic air services. Air New Zealand and Jetstar are the main providers. Their services are complemented by regional airlines, charter companies and scenic flight operators.
For more information kindly check:
· Website: newzealand.com/in
· Hashtags: #NZmustdo
For more information, please log on to www.newzealand.com