An ideal honeymoon destination is an amalgamation of relaxation coupled with light hearted adventure and Israel offers a perfect mix of both. Being a dynamic country, it is full of rich, illustrious history, tourist friendly offerings like beautiful beaches, thriving nightlife, crystal clear waters, picturesque mountains, nature reserve oases and stunning coral reefs. With terrain that ranges from snow-capped mountains and vast desert to lush valleys and 273 kms of pristine coastline, here’s why Israel should be your pick for an offbeat romantic vacation: Float on the Dead Sea – 3 million years old and the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea in Israel is one of the saltiest water bodies on the planet creating the bucket list experience of floating. Double dip in the mineral-packed waters, slather therapeutic mud, soak in the healing sun and opt in for a special Dead Sea couple spa treatment to enjoy one of the best wellness experiences in the world.
- Camp beneath the stars in the world’s largest natural crater – The Ramon Crater in the town of Mitzpe Ramon in Israel’s Negev Desert is the world’s largest erosion crater created 220 million years ago. It is among the best locations in the world for stargazing and recently received the designation of international dark sky park, first in the Middle East. Enjoy an enchanted two hour experience led by an experienced astronomer or sleep beneath the stars at the only campsite in the Makhtesh, Be’erot Campground and experience Bedouin hospitality in its true spirit.
- Honeymoon in the resort city of Eilat – Situated along the turquoise waters of the Red Sea, the tax free city of Eilat boasts sunny days all-year-round making it a popular honeymoon destination. Among the many romantic activities to do, the top choices would be kayaking, a Glass Boat Ride or a luxury yacht sailing tour. Go snorkeling and deep-sea diving with your partner in the Red Sea, rated as one of the best diving spots in the world or the brave hearted can opt for couple tandem skydiving. A must visit here is the Dolphin Reef that offers a unique opportunity to swim and dive with a school of bottle-nosed dolphins in their natural habitat.
- Enjoy the golden hour on a hot-air balloon – Hop on a hot-air balloon for a romantic ride over the breathtaking views of the Negev Desert, fields of flowers, plantations and historical sites. Catch the sunrise followed by breakfast at a picturesque location or raise a toast to the sunset with champagne while you float through the desert scenery.
- Savour desert wine in the Negev – A possibility beyond one’s imagination is producing high quality wines in the dry and arid desert land. Israel turned this into reality with its state-of-the-art irrigation technology and the Negev in Southern Israel is home to several vineyards that produce some internationally renowned wines. Go on a wine trail on the Negev Desert Wine Route for an unusual experience and explore the many wineries offering accommodation, wine-making classes besides elaborate wine tasting sessions.
- Party hard in Tel Aviv – With its sultry Mediterranean climate, seaside location, hedonistic vibe and young, international population, Tel Aviv is known as the party capital of the Middle East. A true 24 hour city that hosts beach and street parties, pub crawls and seaside concerts almost each day; one can start an evening enjoying the sunset at a beach bar and end the night bar hopping until dawn
- Romance the old school way in Jerusalem – A night stroll in Jerusalem’s Old City is always romantic but Cupid’s arrow seems to be pointing specifically at the Tower of David Museum in the capital. Watch the sunset from the top of the citadel and enjoy the Night Spectacular, a breathtaking sound and light show projected directly onto the 3,000-year-old walls. Ambling along the museum’s ancient stone ramparts with their intimate nooks and crannies is another common romantic pastime.