Cupcake Nation’s baker in chief took to baking quite by accident when she baked a cake for her family and took to it instantly and her first commercial order was for a neighbor’s birthday party. The cake was loved by all and the baking bug bit Athashri. Athashri then took the plunge into the world of baking and taught herself the tricks and treats of baking. Prior to Cupcake Nation Athashri had been pursuing a freelance graphics designer career after quitting her full-time job as a software professional. Drawn to the craft by the vibrant colors, textures, and flavors Athashri embarked on her journey as a baker specializing in eggless cupcakes and her love for teaching helped her nurture anyone willing to pick up the craft.
Athashri has also custom made most of the recipes and is credited with the unique Cupcake Signature buttercream. With that Athashri started to conduct workshops and realized that she could combine both her interests and with that was born the Cupcake Nation Academy. Athashri hails from Pune and has made Bangalore her home. Bangalore is also home to Cupcake Nation’s state of the art studio from where Athashri bakes and conducts her workshops. Athashri is busy putting together her next project her online tutorials because she believes her skills and goodies shouldn’t have any boundaries.
- Digestive/Marie Biscuits – 75 grams
- Melted Butter – 3 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1 Tsp
- Bournville Dark Chocolate – 75g
- Sweetened condensed milk – 130ml
- Butter – 1tbsp
- Roasted Almonds – ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add melted butter & cocoa powder in it. Cocoa powder is optional
- Take a removable bottom 4” tart shell & press down this mixture to the bottom and on the sides. Keep it in the fridge to chill.
- In a saucepan add chopped chocolate, condensed milk & butter.
- Melt in together on double boiler or in the microwave. Add chopped roasted almonds & vanilla. Give it a mix
- Pour the mixture in the tart shell and refrigerate it for 2-3 hrs to set.
- Once chilled, remove it from the tart shell, slice it & enjoy.