Prediction Fashion’s Future For 2016
Designer Monisha Jaising, recognised as the ‘Princess of Bohemian Luxe’ and the ‘Re-Inventor of the Kurti’, creates ensembles that are alive, contemporary, femininely seductive, with an interesting blend of Western and Eastern elements.
She is among the pioneers of the Indian fashion industry and has collaborated with all major players that have shaped the industry. Monisha started her design career in 1989 after graduating from the American College for Applied Arts and then The Royal College of Arts (London).
Currently her multi-dimensional label comprises of luxury sportswear, resort wear, luxe evening wear, bridal couture and kids wear. Monisha Jaising is extremely passionate about art, music and modern architecture, but India has always been her strongest source of inspiration. She follows a colour palette meant for the young, ambitious and sexy modern woman. Her command over hues is natural and easy, sophisticated and sensual. She creates collections that are alive, femininely seductive, with an interesting blend of Western and Eastern elements. Monisha has created a rage with her interpretation of the demure desi kurta by teaming it with trousers, shorts and jackets; styling it with a corporate edge or a sporty vibe. The magnetism of her alluring designs brings out the personality of the wearer. She completes 25 glorious years in the fashion industry and marks her entry into the e-commerce arena.
The designer shares some fashion trends to stay stylish for 2016:
- Hand-made lace and net fabric, for summer dresses, halter tops, sheer dresses, tops and gowns.
- Mixed prints and fabrics with patch work (Grandma patch work) – Mix and Match of different prints and fabrics.
- Geometric and Retro inspired prints on tops, dresses, pants and blazers will been seen trending on.
- Ruffled and voluminous tops, skirts, dresses and gowns.
- Tie and Dye is a sure come back be it dresses, kurtas, kaftans or tops.
- Fringe and Sued – Jackets, dresses, flare or straight pants will make a perfect style statement for 2016.
- Bold solid colours such as orange, yellow, lime punch, blue, red, opal etc.
- Fringe has been trending over many seasons, but 2016 will see more of fringe on tops, jackets and dresses.
- Ready to wear, light denim fabric is a sure trend. 2016 will see tops, flowy dresses, trackpants and boyfriend jeans in this fabric.
- Sequin dresses are huge this season, and whether you go for subtle sparkle or all out shimmer and shine, there’s something for everyone. It helps you stand out in a crowd. The drama factor is high and it’s one that connotes a fancy occasion, something probably feminine and eye-catching.