- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can plain tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Small bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles (I use the oven-ready kind)
- 8 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sautee for about five minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for about one more minute before adding the tomato sauce, salt, herb seasoning, red pepper flakes and basil. Let simmer for about five minutes.
- In a 9′ by 9′ baking dish, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce onto the bottom of the dish (try to avoid adding any mushrooms to this layer).
- Place three of the lasagna sheets onto the layer of sauce. Add ⅓ of the mushroom sauce on top of the noodles, followed by ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat two more times (using 9 sheets total).
- Place aluminum foil over the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for 5 more minutes to allow the cheese to bubble up. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.