- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes halves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut each breast horizontally to, but not through, the other side to create a pocket.
- Lift top flap of chicken pocket, arranging cheese, spinach and tomatoes.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into the eggs, then dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.