You don’t always have to head out to a boulangerie or a café to bite into a melt-in-the-mouth cheesecake or a pastry. Chef Soundararajn P, Corporate Executive Chef, Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India lays out an easy recipe for a mango topped pastry that you can try out at home.
Method of Preparation:
- Beat egg and sugar together, add flour, fold slowly and add essence.
- Grease the cake mould.Pour the cake mixture & bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Cool down the cake. De -mould & refrigerate.
- Cut the cake in to 3 even layers. Soak the layers with flavored syrup.
- Fill each layer with chopped fruits ( mango/strawberry /kiwi ) and brush it with whipped cream.
- Mark the cake in to even finishing. Garnish with tulip stick, mango and strawberry pieces.