The onset of the monsoon means excess humidity, moisture and our hair getting wet every now and then. Maintaining healthy hair is equally important in the rainy season, as it is during scorching summers. Here are a few tips on how to maintain a nourished scalp:
- Massage your scalp regularly with warm coconut or almond oil. Keep overnight and rinse in the morning with luke-warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Do not shampoo your hair frequently. Twice or thrice a week is more than sufficient for your hair.
- Avoid blow dryers and other artificial methods of drying your hair. Let it dry naturally.
- Do not comb wet hair, as it is susceptible to damage. While combing, use a wide-toothed comb.
- Use natural conditioners for your hair, such as coconut milk, curd, methi, egg. Avoid chemical-laden artificial products.
- Have a diet rich in proteins, iron, vitamins and minerals for maintaining that glow to your scalp and drink plenty of water.