- 2 8-ounce packs of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 jalapeno – stem and seeds removed, diced (reserve slices for garnish)
- 8 slices of bacon – cooked and chopped (reserve half for garnish)
- dash of chipotle seasoning (can also use cayenne pepper)
- dash of paprika
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375
- First, roast the garlic. Take the ENTIRE head of garlic and place in the oven. Roast for 25 minutes, or until fork tender. Your house will smell like roasted garlic and you’re going to love it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheeses, diced jalapeno, HALF of the crumbled bacon, seasonings, and a good squeeze of the roasted garlic (about 3 cloves). Mix until combined. Taste a bit and adjust seasonings as necessary!
- Transfer to a round baking dish and top with the remaining bacon, jalapeno slices, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with chips or crackers and enjoy!
- Keep the remaining head of roasted garlic in the fridge and reserve for future use!
- You can leave seeds in the jalapeno for spicy.
- Optional: add two sprigs of chopped scallion into the dip