- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 – 2 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds and sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat add the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons of water and bring it to a boil. Let the sauce boil until it reduces by half, about 5 minutes.
- Lay the salmon fillets on the prepared baking tray and spoon half of the sauce over top. Bake the salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Serve the salmon with the remaining sauce drizzled over and some sesame seeds and green onions on top.