Shortly before the National Awards ceremony, Kangana Ranaut spoke through her heart on the current controversies also involving her. Here’s what she said:
- Success is the best revenge. I feel women should answer back, either with their sarcasm or their success. That really kills.
- There are two types of people, people pleasers and self pleasers. I’m definitely a self pleasers. I care about my own priorities and my own life more than what others expectations are.
- When people are jealous of a woman’s success, the first thing she becomes is a dayan (witch), then a whore, then a slut and if she’s crazily successful she then a psychopath.
- To humiliate a woman you can use mental illness, but it won’t work. I have played a schizophrenic and a bipolar patient on screen and I don’t see anything humiliating when they call me a psychopath.
- It’s not upsetting to me to be called a whore or a bitch but don’t call my period blood gross because there’s nothing gross about it.
- I am proud of my fragile body and my soft hands and sharp mind. I want to use what is sharp and not what is soft.
- It is unbelievable that women have been objectified, both on off screen.