Very often when we return post that much-needed break, we don’t just come back weighing more on the happiness index, but also on the weigh index. Here’s how you can avoid the post-holiday weight gain with these simple tips:
- A vacation or holiday does not only mean munching on food throughout the day. So eat as much as you would have eaten otherwise.
- Indulge in action-packed activities like cycling, talking walks, swimming, trekking.
- Restrict your alcohol intake.
- Try to infuse a large dose of fresh fruits and veggies while at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Avoid loitering around the omelet station or the cheese and dessert counters too much. A thin slice of brie or a small bite-size dessert is more than enough to satisfy your cravings.
- Drink plenty of water instead of fruit juices laden with sugar.
- Stay happy, stay refreshed and healthy!