All you foodies, here’s your chance to embark on a culinary journey through five restaurants at the VR Foodies Fest. The VR Foodies Fest at VR Bengaluru will take you on a tantalising gastronomic journey with culinary experiences from around the world, specially curated by celebrity chef Karen Anand. Savour European High Tea, chef’s special menu – special Table d’hote menus, uncover tips and secrets at a Masterclass, witness an eventful cook-off and more. Curated by celebrity chef Karen Anand, the Gourmet Safari allows you to explore the range of cuisine available across VR Bengaluru gourmet restaurants.
Begin your epicurean tour enjoying a gentle evening breeze with your cocktails and tuck in some garlic and chilly flavoured chicken, Panko fried prawns with wasabi mayo or a Mediterranean Mezze Platter at Alt Rooftop Bar where you can enjoy a 360 degree view of the city. Proceed to the next four courses beginning with appetisers like Dahi kebabs, Anjeer Paneer Tikka, Lamb Galouti, Saffron Chicken Malai Tikka, Lasooni Prawns, Tandoor Malai Broccoli and Bharwan Mushroom at Salt, Indian Restaurant Bar & Grill.
Then head to Toscano for the main course that includes Grilled Tenderloin and portabella mushrooms in balsamic served with saffron flavoured asparagus risotto and rocket salad or Pasta alfunghi misti, homemade fettuccine in mixed mushroom butter sauce scented with truffle oil for vegetarians and then end the meal on a sweet note with some droolworthy cheesecake and chocolate sin or a classic carrot cake at The Whitefield Arms.
Get a caffeine kick with a perfect cuppa filter coffee at Kalmane Koffee.
Delight your taste buds to the delightful cuisines available at VR Bengaluru with the VR Foodies Fest, from April 7 – 16, 2017.
For more details, call 080-46524111.
- Chef Special Meals- 6 to 16 April – Each of VR Bengaluru’s 11 restaurants will feature a special 3-course menu at attractive prices. Savour different dishes at lunch and dinner.
- Gourmet Safari – 7, 15 and 16 April – Join a 5-course culinary journey through 5 restaurants including The Whitefield Arms, Salt, Toscano, Alt Bar lounge and Kalmane.
- High Tea – 7 to 16 April – Enjoy a fine cup of tea or coffee with an extravagant selection of cakes and cookies.
- Men Can Cook- 6, 15 April – Four teams go head-to-head to prove their gastronomic expertise at a beer-fuelled barbeque cook-off.
- The Longest South Indian Lunch – 7, 12 April – Everyone’s favourite delicacies from Southern India will feature on a 30ft table. Keep a lookout for the longest dosa you have ever seen.
- Masterclass with Karen Anand – April 8 – Top celebrity chef Karen Anand shares her tips, tricks and secret recipes in an exclusive tutorial.
- Dessert Decoration Competition: 12 April – A Kids Competition, it is a hunt for a young culinary Picasso! Kids in the age group 6 to 12 will display their creativity on desserts from Krispy Kreme, Nutty Squirrel and Gobble Me Up.
- Pub Crawl – 13 April – Party on-the-move, as you travel from one watering hole to another and participate in interesting activities at every stop. Bars include The Beer Café, The Whitefield Arms, The Irish House and ALT.