- 12⅓-inch-thick diagonal baguette slices
- 4 ounces Cambozola blue cheese (or Gorgonzola Dolce), room temperature
- 1½ cups seedless red grapes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup hazelnuts or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden, about 8 minutes. (Can be made 4 hours ahead.)
- On a separate baking sheet, spread out the grapes and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast grapes for about 15-20 min, until they burst and release some juice. Shake the tray once or twice during roasting. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Set aside in a bowl along with any juice from the pan).
- Spread blue cheese on baguette slices. Top with two or three grapes and sprinkle nuts over each (if using). Drizzle each slice with some juice from the roasted grapes.
- (If serving as a first course, I like to add some lightly dressed greens such as baby kale, arugula or watercress. Just toss about 2 cups with a tablespoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar).