Christmas Tree Syndrome

Christmas trees are the cause for some people to fall sick. Not just Christmas trees but all trees can trigger allergic reactions which cause wheezing, cough, congestion, sore eyes and asthma attacks as well. The reason for this is the dust and pollen and also the mold that settles on the tree.

A study found that mold from a Christmas tree rose to five times the normal level two weeks after the tree was brought indoors. There are two ways to reduce the risk. One is to give the tree a good shake and the second is to give the tree a bath. Both methods yield good results.