- 4 Idaho Potatoes
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen vegetable medley (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush each with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and prick with the tines of a fork. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook until no longer pink in the middle, another 3-5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to any meat drippings left in the skillet and melt. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5-8 minutes. Add the flour and stir to coat. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Whisk in the milk and salt and bring back to a boil. Add the vegetable medley and cooked chicken. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until brown, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Cut each baked potato in half. Top with pot pie mixture and breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
- After rubbing the potatoes with oil and salt, prick them with the tines of a fork. Place them on a microwave-safe dish (you may need to do this in batches) and microwave at full power for 5 minutes. Turn them over and microwave for another 3-5 minutes. If middle is still hard, microwave in additional 1 minute bursts until cooked through.
- While potatoes are cooking, make the pot pie mixture as directed above.