- About 36 tortilla chip scoops
- 3 breakfast sausage links
- ½-3/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line tortilla chip scoops on a baking sheet. Set aside. *See note for make ahead directions.
- In a large frying pan, add the eggs, milk and salt. Cook, scrambling, over medium heat until completely cooked. Remove from the pan and place in a medium bowl.
- Remove sausage from links and scramble fry in the pan, breaking up with a spatula as the sausage cooks. Fry over medium heat until golden brown. Add peppers and cook 1-2 minutes until peppers are tender crisp. Remove from the pan and add to the eggs in the bowl.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and add to the eggs in the bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese (this works best when egg mixture is luke warm and not hot, because otherwise the cheese will be one glob and not disperse throughout).
- Spoon egg mixture into tortilla chip scoops and top with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa as desired.