One of the most vibrant and evolved capital cities in South East Asia, Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful blend of traditions and modernity, with Islamic architecture being interspersed with skyscrapers. If you have only 1 day to explore this city, worry not. There’s a lot you can do in just under 24 hours:
- SE Asia is famous for its batik. Head straight to one of KL’s batik centres and watch the artisans draw colourful and intricate patterns on cloth. Witness the beauty of batik first-hand and then make some purchases.
- Go for a chocolate tasting session at one of the top chocolate factories in the city. Malaysia is known for its chocolates and a tasting session will allow you to taste flavours such as tea, sesame, coconut and fruit chocolates.
- Spend a few hours in KL’s Lake Gardens that comprises a deer park, bird park, butterfly garden, amongst other green expanses.
- Try haggling in Chinatown and taste the street fare on offer.
- Watch the Petronas Towers twinkle away to glory at night!