Badminton sensation Sindhu is mesmerizing the nation in her quest for gold. Here are some interesting aspects about her that not many know of:
- Her parents, PV Ramanna and P Vijaya were professional volleyball players.
- She travelled 27 kms every day to start her badminton training at 4AM each morning.
- In 2013, she became the first ever Indian women’s singles player to win a medal at the World Championships.
- She was inspired by her coach Pullela Gopichand’s 2001 win at the All England Badminton Championship and thus chose badminton over volleyball.
- At 18, she won the Arjuna Award.